If the source file or source file location changes in a Power View report, the report will no longer load and you will receive a message that indicates the source is not accessible.
NOTE: Consumer users may also get this message if they do not have sufficient access to the source of the Power View. If an administrative user can access the report, but a consumer cannot, check permissions of the document library or folder where the source resides.
Follow the directions below to edit the Power View connection string.
- Log onto the Pivotstream site with the administrative credentials
- Download the Power View file by checking the box next to the file name and selecting Download a Copy from the button bar at the top of the screen.
- Save the file on your local computer.
- Edit the extension of the rdlx file, changing it to a zip.
- Do not unzip the file. Navigate the zip with Windows explorer to the Reports folder.
- Copy the report.rdl file and paste it outside of the zip.
- Open the drl file with a text editor.
- Edit the source as appropriate and save the file.
- Copy the file back to the reports folder in the zip. In doing so, you will replace the old rdl.
- Change the extension back to rdlx.
- Upload the new rdlx to your Pivotstream site ensuring that you have the Overwrite Existing Files box ticked.
- The file should load if the source is correct.